11:00 am-12:30 pm
Cost: $30 for one class under this series, up to five more classes in this series no charge
Learn how to utilize Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and other free apps to represent your brand better online. This workshop is ideal for arts organizations, creative small businesses, and individual artist who are new to managing social media pages.
- How to get started; what social media sites are best for you
- A “crash course” on each popular social media site
- How to create a cohesive digital brand presence
- What kinds of content, including photo and video, work best for each platform
- How to gain and engage with followers
- How to tell your story online
- How to network online
- The basics of creating a social media marketing campaign
*Topics discussed may change depending on participants’ goals and interests.
This online workshop is part of the Arlington Cultural Affairs Arts Enterprise Institute Fall Workshops Special – choose up to six workshops in this series for the single ticket price of $30.
A link will be sent to registrants to attend this class.
Thursday, November 12, 2020 ~ Social Media Strategies 1: How to Start Sharing Online
Instructor: Caroline Weinroth
Instructor Caroline Weinroth is a musician, writer, and artist in the Washington, DC area. At George Mason University, she earned a Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing, with a concentration in Poetry, and a Bachelor of Arts in Theater & Audio Engineering. She is the lead singer, guitarist, and songwriter for the rock band Cinema Hearts. During the COVID-19 pandemic, she has performed livestream concerts for Center for the Arts GMU, Central Rappahannock Regional Library, Alexandria Office of the Arts, and others. Learn more at carolineweinroth.com and cinemahearts.com.