The Arlington Commission for the Arts administers the grants program for Arlington County artists and arts and cultural organizations. The Arlington County Policy for the Support of Arts Organizations and Artists (as approved by the Arlington County Board on December 8, 1990) describes eligibility for the program, application procedures and criteria for evaluation.
About the Arlington Arts Grants Program
The Arlington Arts Grants Program is an important way that the County addresses its investment in our arts infrastructure. As you apply for support, consider the ways in which your work helps to further the vision and values of Enriching Lives: Arlington Arts and Cultural Strategy .
Enriching Lives also aligns with the following goals set forth in the Policy for the Support of Arts Organizations and Artists:
- To create a climate within the County that is conducive to the growth and development of Arlington’s artists and arts organizations through public and private support.
- To foster the development of excellence and diversity in the arts, ensuring that a varied program of cultural activities is available to satisfy the interests of Arlington’s citizens.
- To guarantee to all Arlington artists and arts organizations an open and fair policy which assures equal access to County arts resources.
- To encourage development of public/private partnerships in support of the arts.
FY 2021 Arlington Arts Grants Program
Grants offered for Fiscal Year 2021 (FY 2021) are the Individual Artist Grant for individual artists and the General Operating Support Grant for organizations.
The Grants Office and the Grants Committee together offer Arts Grants Preparation Workshops that provide an overview of the FY 2021 Arts Grants Program and include step-by-step directions for completing an Individual Artist Grant application. All artists and organizations applying for a grant are required to register and attend one grant preparation workshop.
Please click on the date below to register for one of the workshops.
Workshops for Individual Artist Grants will be held on the following dates and times:
Workshops for Organizations will be held on the following dates and times:
- Monday, November 4, 2019, from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 12, 2019, from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday, November 16, 2019, from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
PLEASE NOTE, if you are only requesting Space and Services, you do NOT have to attend a workshop. Space and Service requests are now handled by Antoinette Essex.
FY2021 GRANT GUIDELINES:
IMPORTANT: Applications for outdoor festivals previously administered by Arlington Cultural Affairs are now coordinated by Arlington County Special Events. For more information, visit https://topics.arlingtonva.us/special-events-arlington-county/.
The FY 2020 Arlington Arts Grant Cycle is closed, please see above for the FY 2021 grant information.
FY 2020 Current Grantees
The following are the list of grantees of the FY20 Arlington County Cultural Affairs Grant Program:
Innovative Project Award Grants
Arcanists, The $1,613
Arlington Arts Center – $27,475
Arlington Independent Media – $7,772
Arlington Philharmonic Association – $21,491
Encore Stage & Studio – $27,397
Jane Franklin Dance – $15,800
WSC Avant Bard – $21,822
General Operating Expense Grant Awards
Arlington Artists Alliance – $3,143
The Arlington Players – $14,024
Bowen McCauley Dance – $13,366
Dominion Stage – $3,168
Educational Theatre Company – $12,674
Halau O’Aulani – $5,147
National Chamber Ensemble – $11,948
Synetic Theater $13,970
Individual Artist Grant Recipients
Melanie Kehoss $5,000
Susan Sterner $5,000
Katherine Young $5,000
Arts Commission and Arts Organizations Information
Please note: Applications for outdoor festivals previously administered by Arlington Cultural Affairs are now coordinated by Arlington County’s Special Events Coordinator. For more information, contact email@example.com at 703-228-1876.
- Blank W9-with full instructions
- Hold Harmless for Individual Artists
- Supplier Direct Deposit Form
- Supplier Form for Individuals
- Supplier Form for Organizations
- Culture Capital Benefits
Facilities and Payment Fee Policies
- Arlington CostumeLab Rental Policy
- FY 2020-CostumeLab-Collection-Rental-Guidelines (1)
- Arlington County Facility Surcharge Policy
- Arlington County Policy for the Support of Arts Organizations and Artists 12-08-1990
- Arlington County Scenic Studio Policy
- Arlington County Theater Rules
- Cancellation Policy of Performance and Rehearsal Space
- Who’s Who Arlington Cultural Affairs
Facilities and Payment Fee Forms
- Arlington County Scenic Studio Request Form
- Class Income and Payment Report Form
- Contact Information Update Form
- Event Tracking Form
- Office Space Payment Form
- Subscription Income and Payment Report Form
- Ticket Income and Payment Report Form
- Truck Request Form
Rehearsal and Theater Space Request Form
Arlington Arts Media
An applicant awarded County support must agree to insert in season brochures, programs, web pages, and other appropriate printed and digital material the following credit: “This program is supported in part by Arlington County through Arlington Cultural Affairs, a division of Arlington Economic Development, and the Arlington Commission for the Arts.” In addition, a link to https://arts.arlingtonva.us/ must be placed on an organization’s website.
If an organization would like to use the Arlington Arts logo in print and/or digital media, it may be accessed here:
Promotional Access to CultureCapital.com
Arlington Cultural Affairs’ partnership with CultureCapital.com permits grantees a free account through which to promote their events through the regional arts website www.CultureCapital.com. Additionally, events entered in CultureCapital.com automatically appear in the ArlingtonArts.org calendar listing via a live-feed. For a full explanation of this benefit, and instructions on grantee access to CultureCapital.com click here
For more information please contact CADportal@arlingtonva.us