The Arlington Commission for the Arts administers the grants program for Arlington County artists and arts and cultural organizations. The Arlington County Policy for the Support of Arts Organizations and Artists (as approved by the Arlington County Board on December 8, 1990) describes eligibility for the program, application procedures and criteria for evaluation.
About the Arlington Arts Grants Program
The Arlington Arts Grants Program is an important way that the County addresses its investment in our arts infrastructure. As you apply for support, consider the ways in which your work helps to further the vision and values of Enriching Lives: Arlington Arts and Cultural Strategy .
Enriching Lives also aligns with the following goals set forth in the Policy for the Support of Arts Organizations and Artists:
- To create a climate within the County that is conducive to the growth and development of Arlington’s artists and arts organizations through public and private support.
- To foster the development of excellence and diversity in the arts, ensuring that a varied program of cultural activities is available to satisfy the interests of Arlington’s citizens.
- To guarantee to all Arlington artists and arts organizations an open and fair policy which assures equal access to County arts resources.
- To encourage development of public/private partnerships in support of the arts.
FY 2022 Arlington Arts Grants Program
Grants offered for Fiscal Year 2022 (FY 2022) are the Individual Artist Grant for individual artists and the General Operating Support Grant for arts organizations.
IMPORTANT: Applications for outdoor festivals previously administered by Arlington Cultural Affairs are now coordinated by Arlington County Special Events. For more information, visit https://topics.arlingtonva.us/special-events-arlington-county/.
The FY 2022 Arlington Arts Grant cycle is now in process. The required Intent to Apply Form and supporting documentation was due by January 10, 2021. We are NO longer accepting the INTENT TO APPLY. For those who were approved to apply, applications are due by February 22, 2021.
INDIVIDUAL ARTISTS: Please read the Individual Artist Grant Guidelines . Please note that one of the Arts Commission’s priorities is to fund projects that have a strong dedication to equity; it is with that in mind that the review panelists will be looking for projects that meet that goal.
ARTS ORGANIZATIONS: Please read the General Operating Support Grant Guidelines..
****THE INFORMATION ABOVE IS MONETARY GRANTS. ALL THOSE WHO WISH TO INQUIRE REGARDING SPACE AND SERVICES MUST EMAIL ANTOINETTE ESSEX, FACILITIES MANAGER.****
FY 2021 Current Grantees
The following are the list of grantees of the FY21 Arlington County Cultural Affairs Grant Program:
|Arlington Artists Alliance||$14,597.31|
|Arlington Arts Center||$16,231.91|
|Arlington Chorale, The||$3,919.69|
|Arlington Philharmonic Association||$9,472.57|
|Arlington Players, The||$13,989.75|
|Avant Bard Theatre||$15,680.71|
|Bowen McCauley Dance||$16,060.85|
|Educational Theatre Company||$15,866.02|
|Encore Stage & Studio||$16,041.84|
|Jane Franklin Dance||$12,671.53|
|Prio Bangla, Inc.||$3,483.62|
|Study Japanese in Arlington||$2,585.71|
|Synetic Theater, Inc.||$16,250.91|
|The National Chamber Ensemble, Inc.||$9,218.41|
|Individual Artists||Grant Award|
|INDIVIDUAL ARTIST TOTAL||$10,000.00|
Please note: Applications for outdoor festivals previously administered by Arlington Cultural Affairs are now coordinated by Arlington County’s Special Events Coordinator. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org at 703-228-1876.
Arlington Arts Technology and Facility Update
- Blank W9-with full instructions
- Hold Harmless for Individual Artists
- Supplier Direct Deposit Form
- Supplier Form for Individuals
- Supplier Form for Organizations
Facilities and Payment Fee Policies
- Arlington County Facility Surcharge Policy
- Arlington County Policy for the Support of Arts Organizations and Artists 12-08-1990
- Arlington County Scenic Studio Policy
- Arlington County Theater Rules
- Cancellation Policy of Performance and Rehearsal Space
- Who’s Who Arlington Cultural Affairs
Facilities and Payment Fee Forms
- Arlington County Scenic Studio Request Form
- Class Income and Payment Report Form
- Contact Information Update Form
- Event Tracking Form
- Office Space Payment Form
- Subscription Income and Payment Report Form
- Ticket Income and Payment Report Form
- Truck Request Form
Rehearsal and Theater Space Request Form
Arlington Arts Media
An applicant awarded County support must agree to insert in season brochures, programs, web pages, and other appropriate printed and digital material the following credit: “This program is supported in part by Arlington County through Arlington Cultural Affairs, a division of Arlington Economic Development, and the Arlington Commission for the Arts.” In addition, a link to https://arts.arlingtonva.us/ must be placed on an organization’s website.
If an organization would like to use the Arlington Arts logo in print and/or digital media, it may be accessed here:
Promotional Access to CultureCapital.com
Arlington Cultural Affairs’ partnership with CultureCapital.com permits grantees a free account through which to promote their events through the regional arts website www.CultureCapital.com. Additionally, events entered in CultureCapital.com automatically appear in the ArlingtonArts.org calendar listing via a live-feed. For a full explanation of this benefit, and instructions on grantee access to CultureCapital.com click here
For more information please contact CADportal@arlingtonva.us